Thursday, November 10, 2016

Bernie Sanders Weighs In

In a statesmanlike way Bernie Sanders indicated a willingness to work with President elect Trump for the common good if and where at all possible. But he sounded this warning, "If Donald Trump takes people's anger and turns it against Muslims, Hispanics, African Americans and women, we will be his worst nightmare."

I wish from the bottom of my heart that even one conservative Christian leader would say the same thing. If anyone discovers a statement of solidarity from a conservative Christian leader to protect those who are most afraid today - Muslims, all people of color, immigrant communities, women, survivors of abuse, the LGBT community, people with disabilities - please let me know in the comments.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it sane. I reserve the right to delete any/all comments as I see fit.