Thursday, January 19, 2017

Inauguration Day - A Malediction

Today I am heavy hearted as we begin our journey through the night. In this moment I am compelled to share this word the prophet Ezekiel heard concerning the wall in which the religious people of his day and their false prophets placed their hope: "I will tear down the wall you have covered with whitewash and will level it to the ground so that its foundation will be laid bare. When it falls, you will be destroyed in it; and you will know that I am the Lord. So I will pour out my wrath against the wall and against those who covered it with whitewash. I will say to you, ‘The wall is gone and so are those who whitewashed it, those prophets of Israel who prophesied to Jerusalem and saw visions of peace for her when there was no peace, declares the Sovereign Lord.’” (Ezekiel 13:14-16)

Jesus Before the People - Douglas Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it sane. I reserve the right to delete any/all comments as I see fit.